Monday 7 October 2013

The Simpsons Photoshop Task

I was set a task on Photoshop to improve my skills on the software in preparation of producing my magazine. I had to produce a movie poster for 'The Simpsons Movie' that included an image of Homer Simpson, movie title and release date. This is the poster I produced. 


The first thing I wanted to ensure when making the poster was that it would be recognizable to the audience. I took two images from Google, removed the white backgrounds using the 'magic wand tool' and then began to edit. I took the colour from Homers trousers with the eyedropper tool and set the colour as the background. I did this as the colour blue used is seen often on The Simpsons, on Marge's hair, Bart and Homers trousers, Bart's shoes and Maggie's clothes. 

The images used are of The Simpsons family at the cinema eating popcorn, I thought this would be a relevant image as it is a poster for The Simpsons movie and it is an image of the family at the cinema, almost like they are watching their own movie. Nevertheless I felt that having only this image on the poster wasn't enough and left it with too much blank space therefore I filled the space with a high quality image of Homer Simpson with his arms in the air looking excited. Denoting the excitement Homer is feeling towards the movie. 

When I earlier removed the background from the 2 images parts of the white disappeared from the pictures, such as the characters eyes and popcorn. To fix this I used the paintbrush tool and used the '[' or ']' symbol to make the brush the correct size. I zoomed into the image using the magnifying glass to ensure I could get the best precision on the places I am filling in. 

I took the movie title from Google images, again removed the background using the magic wand tool. I found 'The Simpsons' font on Dafont.com and entered the release date. I saved what I made and placed it onto the title, fitting it into the letter 'I' in the word 'MOVIE'. I felt this worked well as the black contrasts with the yellow font and also links with the black 'The Simpsons' that is used above the title in smaller text. By doing this it conveys my poster to look professional to the audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment