Saturday 12 October 2013

Recce

As my images will  most likely be taken in a photography studio, that will be the place I will
be taking my model. When doing my photoshoot I need to make sure I understand what
hazards there are. I have completed this recce form to help me reduce the risk of any
injuries and it will enable me to keep on track with any objects that I need to pay close
attention to.


1) Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )?
Photography studios tend to be quite tidy and have plenty of space, therefore wires are putin a safe place to prevent tripping. Wires from the lighting tend to come down from the ceiling rather than trailing on the floor. Things such as the lights can get extremely hot therefore I need to ensure that when im moving them that I hold the light by the handle where it doesn't get hot. Also when it comes to the lights they are held from the ceiling byan extendable scissor like arm, this means that when your are moving the lights up and down it can be quite easy to jam your fingers, thus I will make sure that my full concentration will be on the piece of equipment to reduce the risk of getting an injury. I need toensure that my model doesn't touch the studio equipment as they aren't as familiar as me withthe equipment therefore I will not let them use any equipment, this will reduce the risk of injury.My shoot should hopefully be happening in a studio, but if for some reason I am unable to itwill be held outside, as it is becoming colder there is more of a risk for it to be icy and this could cause an accident, I will ensure my photoshoot will be re-scheduled until a less icy day.


2) What will you do to ensure these risks are minimized?I will make sure that my model doesn't touch any of the equipment in the photography studioand when we have finished taking the images I will turn the main lights back on to be sure that the model can see where they going, thus the risk of tripping is minimized.

3) Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
No, as my photoshoot will be taken in a studio there will be large studio lights that I will be
using, therefore the lighting and weather outside will not make a difference to my photos. If the
studio is unavailable I will have to choose to take my images outside and if it is too bright and
sunny the images may not be of as good quality if the lense catches the sun. It is also just as
bad if it is a dull/rainy day the model wont really want to be there so that will come across in the
images.


4) Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?

When I'm using the studio the background won't be a problem but when as it will be exactlywhat i want it to be, plain white. If the images are being taken outside it is easy to find a brick wall and they can be found out of the way so the model doesn't feel embarrassed doing it in front of people.


5) Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?

When in the photography studio the lighting shouldn't be a problem, again because the studiohas professional lights that will enable me to have the lighting exactly how I want it as i knowhow to use it. Also in the photography studio there are no windows or anywhere that naturallighting could interfere with the artificial studio lighting. The camera will be linked up to thelights meaning when I press the shutter on the camera it will cause the lights to flash. If mymodel is using any props it is possible that they could reflect with the flash so I shouldmake sure that object isn't facing the light.

6) Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?

    As the venue where I want to take my image is a college studio it will be in use alot. I need to
    book a slot where no one else will be using the room so my images can be taken.
7) Do you need to book time in a room (eg the photography studio at Shiney)?

I need to book a date and time at Shiney Row College and I would prefer it to be on either aTuesday or Thursday between 12 and 2 because that is the break me and my model both haveon the same day when at Shiney College. Having the studio booked for this time wouldmean that travelling wouldn't be a problem due to us already being there.


8) Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?

There shouldn't be any problem with people getting in the way or ruining the images when in thephotography studio as it is a room by itself and no one should disturb my session as I will havebooked it for a certain time.

9) Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?

 I am very reliant on my friends being able to make the photoshoot as they are needed for theimages I will be using for my magazine. My model is in both of my lessons at Shiney Row,therefore she will be arriving and leaving the location at the same time as me, we get there bythe free bus that comes from Bede so it is most likely that she will be there on time.  It's alsoreally important that my model dresses to go with the genre of music I have chosen. MY modelwill be wearing a blag bodycon dress that is my own so it is my own responsibility to rememberit.  My plan B would need to happen if I couldn't use the photography studio for some reasonand this would mean I would need to shoot in other locations, the other location i looked at wasa brick wall. If I can't use the studio I will have to try and take the shots at that location.


10) Finally, have you thought of every eventuality…?

I have took into consideration that my models, or my own bus could be late and we may end up missing our slot in the studio. If this happens it means that I would have to re-book the studioand make a new time with my model. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am at Shiney Row collegefrom 10am-4:15pm with a break from 12-2pm. This break would be ideal to take the images asI am with my model in that break. Nevertheless if i am unable to book for this time I may be ableto ask my photography lecturer if I could take some of the images in the lesson, as again i am with my model. In case my chosen model is ill that day it should be easy to reschedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment