Friday 18 October 2013

Preliminary Task Feedback


We had the full class go around and look at each others work before making a comment on their magazine cover. This provided us me with both positive and constructive feedback to help me produce a better product for my actual magazine.

Strengths 

I noticed from the feedback that a lot of people were being positive about my front cover. People thought my biggest strengths were my font, mainly because it fit with the college theme by being bold and what you can imagine being linked with a college. Another strength was that I had a positive image, i wanted my model to look happy and like they were enjoying themselves and i feel like i did this. Having such a positive image meant that it looked inviting to the customer.

There was positive feedback on the colours used throughout my cover, as my magazine was for Sunderland College therefore i did research into what colours are typically used on their website and handouts. Once I found this out I included it into my front cover.

Weaknesses

The constructive feedback i received was very helpful. From the results I collated from my class i saw that most people said my weakness was the size of my font, it needed to be bigger and i agreed when i took another look at my work. 

From the feedback i also noticed that there was a few comments about the page being dull. I think this is because the image i used had quite a dull green/leafy background and a brighter or white background would have been better and brightened the cover.

Finally the comments brought to my attention that I had no essential information on my barcode, this would have improved my front cover as it makes the customers job easier if they are trying to look for something such as the price or date and also the college logo as it will inform the readers that this magazine is made specifically for Sunderland College. 

Overall the feedback i recieved was good and what constructive feedback i recieved will be used to ensure my actual music magazine is at the best quality


No comments:

Post a Comment