Wednesday 20 November 2013

Edited and Final Front Cover

When looking at the feedback for my front cover it came to my attention that some said the background was quite plain. This made me think that having too much of a plain background was making my magazine look bland and wouldn't attract as many people to buy it. Plus as it is the front cover it is the first thing that the audience/customers see, they need to be interested in the magazine to want to buy it.
I have edited my front cover by adding some splash effects of colour from the brushes tool in what I feel are suitable watercolours and make my model stand out a lot and also take away the plainness of the previous background. I also didn't like the layout of the previous edition of the magazine once the colour was added therefore I removed the text boxes and made the layout more like Billboard magazine with the '+' sign and coverlines all on one side of the page. Due to the change of page design it means that I haven't stuck to my flat plan therefore I have made another one and will also add that in the next post. Although I haven't stuck to my original front cover flat plan I have changed it for the interest of the audience and what they would like to see, which overall would make my cover better and more interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment