Monday 23 September 2013

Proposal Forms

Type of Magazine (fashion, music, etc)



Pop Music
Name of Magazine



Pulse
Audience (male/female)



Females aged 16-30.
Secondary audience: Men aged 18-35
Audience (attitudes and interests)



Interested in social media, celebrities and listens to pop music whenever possible. They are from a middle to upper class and are happy to pay for a decent music magazine.
Outlet (where it can be bought from?)



Newsagents, online, app, supermarket, concerts, music stores.
Necessary Information



The price, issue number, website and date is shown on the barcode in addition to being shown close to the masthead in the top right third
Selling Point



Original magazine, exclusives, offers, interviews, featured artists.
Theme (article)



Exclusive interview with worldwide known pop star.
Images Front Cover



The image on the front cover will be of the artist/band that the main article is about.
Images Inside



Images of the artist taken at a photoshoot, dressed for performance and casual.



Describe your idea for the brief:

A music magazine that is aimed at women aged 16-30, includes interviews, concert information, competitions, exclusives etc.
Genre/ sub genre: list similar texts which have inspired your thoughts

I want my magazine to be pop but not the type for younger teens and juniors (under 16’s). I am aiming for a magazine slightly inspired by Billboard.
Target audience: gender/ age/ characteristics/ behaviour

Females aged 16-30, very interested in celebrities and social media, they listen to pop and chart music regularly. They enjoy shopping and going out with friends to concerts.
Major conventions I will use

Main sell line, coverlines, interviews, exclusives, competitions, puff, essential information.
Conventions I may subvert/ change/ not use

The colours I use on my magazine I do not want to be too stereotypical ‘bubblegum’ colours for pop music, I want it to look sleek and professional. I may also not include more than one image on my contents page as I do not want it to look cluttered.
Original images: what/ where/ what

Photoshoot of the artist that the main article is going to be about. Relevant background to the image, might possibly be plain white so the image stands out from the background.
Potential difficulties/ Plan B:

I may encounter some technical difficulties throughout the making of my magazine, I might also struggle with time management and keeping things on track. There could be trouble when taking images or the model may not turn up so I need to ensure that I have a back-up model and camera. The battery of the camera might die so I would have to make sure that the charger is with me. The studio might not be available for the photoshoot so I should have back-up ideas such as in an area that would work well with the genre and magazine.




Potential area where there might be a problem
How I will deal with this problem
Front cover images













I will ensure that I have a back-up model in case of a problem where the chosen model isn’t available and it is the only day I can take the images. The images may not be as good as I wanted them to be when the photoshoot is finished so another session may need to be booked in the studio with the model. It is possible that the images could be lost if for example my memory stick is lost so I will have to ensure that I save it in other places also.
Article Inside Magazine













The article may not have been written as well as I had hoped for, there may also be some difficulties with the layout of the magazine and I may have to play around, getting the layout right for a while. There could be a possibility that I lose the work that I have done to the main article so I will save it on the computer, memory stick and email it to myself so I don’t lose anything.
Images to accompany article













Too few images might have been taken and there may end up being spare space for extra images so the studio and model would need to be booked again to take some extra relevant images to put alongside the article. Again, there could be an issue with saving or losing the images so u would ensure I will save the images in more than one way such as emailing them to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment